Whole Class Closure Learning Offer
As a school, we are very busy behind the scenes developing our remote learning capability. While we hope we do not have to move to a remote learning situation, we recognise that it is vital we offer as much home provision as possible should a class, school or national lockdown occur. Our knowledge and understanding of the technology available is growing all the time and while this can never replace teaching in the classroom, we recognise the importance of being able to deliver this as soon as possible should a lockdown occur.
During the summer, we trialled Microsoft Teams as our VLE and this will be the platform we use to enable staff to have continued interaction with children on a whole class, group and individual level should the need arise. In the event that our VLE is needed, we aim to ensure that:
* Children have access to Teams and appropriate hardware to access online learning.
* Staff have appropriate training and confidence to deliver learning remotely.
* Our curriculum continues in the event of individual, class or whole school closures.
* Our provision links to a timetable that is following the same objectives being covered at school so that when children return to school they will be as familiar as possible with the lesson content being covered.
* If a class locks down, we can ensure that all teaching sequences have high quality teacher input and explanations and opportunities for children to apply learning as soon as possible.
* Opportunities for additional support and teacher/LSA input (during whole class lockdowns).
* Regular opportunities for assessment to enable both teachers and children to have a clear understanding of their current learning and feedback is given in order to reduce misconceptions and difficulties.
As a staff team, we are learning too but we continue to rapidly develop our understanding and use of Teams in order to be able to deliver teaching and pastoral support for our children and their families.
All new children in Years 1 to 6 and Reception have now all been set up with access to their Microsoft accounts and online reading schemes. All other families will have received their details in the summer term. Please contact your child’s class teacher via Dojo if you cannot locate these details. To help ensure we are ready, we ask that you try to login and access your account as soon as possible.