Weekly Home Learning Plans: School Closure
Hello to all our parents.
Due to our school closure we have given you weekly home learning ideas. In order for you to plan your week we thought it would be helpful to provide you with some key activities you could do with your children.
* Reading/short phonic activities. - Each child will have a "Bug Club" account to access appropriate reading materials. (We will be able to help with any issues arising from this.)
* Mental maths task (number bonds, counting, ordering and number recognition)
* Maths tasks via "White Rose" - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/
* Writing tasks over a number of days, once or twice a week, depending upon the activity.
* Homework provided through your child's Educationcity account.
* Activities and games provided through your child's Nessy account.
* Tasks from across the wider curriculum, such as Science, History, Geography etc...
* Tasks aimed at promoting WELL-BEING and fitness.
These activities will be a mixture of practical tasks, online games and pencil and paper activities. Some will be printable, however you do not need to print them. As long as your child has access to a screen to see the instructions or task, most of the activities can be completed on paper you have at home. It might be useful if you have a few basic stationery items available such as a notebook, paper, pencils, ruler, rubber and colouring pencils or crayons. Other items such as dice and counters could be "borrowed" from a family board game.
Whilst continuing with pencil and paper academic studies is important, please also remember that children can learn new skills and knowledge from a variety of other more practical experiences. Your children will love to spend time playing and exploring outside in your garden, cooking and baking with you, being creative with toys and art materials, playing instruments and taking daily exercise both indoors and out.
Have fun and enjoy learning together!