School Houses & House Captains
At the Whiteoak Academies of Hannah More Infants and Grove Juniors, we have four Houses all democratically chosen by the children and named after local areas of natural beauty and historical significance. These are:
Currently, children are allocated their House in Year 3 when they can start earning House Points with all house points earned contributing to a weekly total. The ultimate prize is a House Point trophy and non-uniform day awarded to the winning house at the end of each term. Houses also compete in inter house competitions and a competitive sports day.
We recognise the importance and value of House Captains in supporting our family of schools. These key roles are ones of privilege and responsibility that require the children to be dedicated and organised and set a positive example to all children throughout the school.
Some of the key responsibilities of our House Captains include:
- To be a role model in terms of attitude, attendance, behaviour, manners and appearance to all members of our school family.
- To liaise with other House Captains and the staff team.
- To organise House meetings and communicate clearly and effectively with all members of the House team.
- To help organise and support Inter-House activities including, Sports Day.
- To support and model positive behaviour after assemblies and around the school.
- To support the staff team with jobs as and when necessary.
- To wear the House Captain’s badge with pride.