Either use Bug Club or choose a reading activity below and complete on paper.
1. Give the book marks out of ten. Explain why you think it deserves that mark.
2. Draw a picture of your favourite part of the book. Add speech or thought bubbles.
3. Discuss any new words you have found in the book.
4. Draw a picture of your favourite character from the book. Write their name and some information about them.
5. Make up 3 questions you could ask someone about this book to test if they have read it properly.
6. Draw a picture of one of the settings used in the book. Where is this place, what happens there?
7. Design a new cover for the book.
8. Find 5 interesting words from the book. Write sentences of your own including the words.
9. Pretend you are one of the characters from the story. Write a diary for one day.
10. Which part of the book do you think is the most important? Why?
11. Write a letter to a friend telling them a bit about the book. Explain why you think they should or shouldn't read it.
12. Make up a word search or puzzle using information from the book.