Bullying is taken very seriously at The Whiteoak Academies, with our open door approach, we welcome children and families to come and talk to us if they feel that their child or another child may be impacted by bullying.
Bullying can cause injury, misery, loss of self-esteem and self-confidence and can affect a child’s concentration and learning. All involved in our family of schools need to understand and recognise bullying. We need to take appropriate action to prevent, discourage and reject bullying and to uphold our school core values of:Courage, Friendship, Belonging, Kindness and Resilience. Every person in our family of schools, should be secure in the knowledge that they are entitled to be valued for themselves and free from personal harassment.
We aim to recognise, challenge and deal appropriately with bullying behaviour to ensure:
* Peaceful co-existence for all members of our school community in which everyone feels safe, confident and enjoys attending school.
* Clear guidelines for dealing with incidents of bullying.
* Pupils behave responsibly and thoughtfully and have respect for and tolerance of other peoples’ views.
* Pupils feel supported by staff and peers if they are bullied and have adult models for helpful and considerate behaviour.
* We understand and find solutions to bullying problems.
Policies and procedures around Anti-Bullying at the Whiteoak Academies