1. Skipping: For more fun, pick up a book of jump-rope rhymes.
2. Obstacle course: Create a toy course in your house or outside in your garden. Add in specific mental or physical challenges to keep yourself and your family guessing.
3. Wheelbarrow, crab, and bear-walk races: Holding one of these tough positions gives you a real workout.
4. Animal races: Hop like a bunny or frog; squat and waddle like a duck; and so on.
5. Balloon ball: There are endless ways to play with balloons indoors. Try to keep it off the ground or just play catch. Mix it up with balloon tennis!
6. Follow the leader: Add to the workout with energetic movements such as jumping, stomping, and squatting.
7. Dance party: Turn on the music and shake your groove thang.
8. Freeze dance: When the music stops, freeze in your pose and hold it until the music begins again.
9. Scavenger hunt: Write up clues and hide them around the apartment. Race to find each clue for a small prize at the end.
10. Jumping jacks: Simple but good for coordination and they get your heart going.
11. Parachute: This kiddie gym standby can be re-created at home with sheets. Each kid takes an end of the parachute or sheet and fans it upward while one of you runs underneath.
12. Bubble wrap attack: If you get bubble wrap in the mail, jump on it until it's all popped.
13. Clean-up race: Set a timer or put on a song to see who can right the room the fastest.
14. Hopscotch: Use chalk or tape to make a game on your floor or outside in your garden.